Monday, July 23, 2007

Break In



This morning I was woken by the sound of crashing dishes in the sink. Normally the non-regulated movements of my roommates would lead me to expect the washing of dishes in the early am. But as it were I didn't sense their presence. So after multiple crashes I got up to discover that squirrels had broken through the screen to enter our kitchen. Normally I would have reached for the box of Honey Nut Crunch but I was not my usually friendly self at such an early hour. Luckily when the pair heard my footsteps the quickly exited out the window.

The thing that bothers me most is that once I closed the window they were more than happy to get right up close and see if they could get back in. Even when I was standing right there tapping the window in hope to scare them away. At first I was concerned that there was a third somewhere in the place but I didn't hear or see another. I don't know what special squirrel treat is in my kitchen but my advise to you is beware the squirrel master.

All of this before any coffee was enough excitement for me. I did manage to get a quick snapshot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're lucky they kept themselves to the kitchen. Squirrels are very messy, and two in the house at the same time could have been a wrecking crew.

Anonymous said...

Great work.